Parliamentary Ombudsman
Your reference: EN-115578
Dear Sirs
I refer to our website.
Matters have become truly dire.
We wrote to you sometime ago and absolutely nothing was done.
My mother is being starved by her deputy surely you must be able to ACT!
The Chief Executive of The OPG does NOTHING?
Does someone have to die before you sit up and take note that something is wrong with your system!
We beg of you to intervene!
Your previous response copied below.
Mike Ann Clarke
31 Cherry Tree Rd

Dear Mr Clarke

Our reference: EN-115578 (please quote in any future correspondence)

Thank you for your email of 19 August 2011 to the Parliamentary Ombudsman about the Office of the Public Guardian (OPG). I was sorry to learn of the circumstances surrounding your complaint.

Your complaint

You complain about the way the current Deputy, Mr Hugh Jones, is handling your mother affairs.

The Ombudsman’s role

The Ombudsman’s role is to consider complaints about government departments, agencies or organisations, where there is evidence that they have not acted properly or fairly, or have provided a poor service. The Ombudsman usually considers complaints after the complaints procedure of the department concerned has been completed.

Our enquiries

On 22 August 2011, I made enquiries to the OPG to establish if you have exhausted the complaints procedure. The OPG informed me that you recently contacted them, raising further issues about your mothers Deputy. They went on to explain they are in the process of awaiting a response from the Deputy about these issues and will be responding to you in due course.

Our decision and next steps

The Ombudsman values the local resolution of complaints, as this is usually the quickest and most effective way for matters to be resolved. From the papers you have sent and the enquiries we have made, we are of the view that you should allow OPG the opportunity to respond to your further concerns. We have therefore decided that we will not consider your case further at this stage.

However, on receiving a response from OPG regarding your outstanding concerns, if you remain unhappy, you can then re-approach the Ombudsman. However, only a Member of Parliament (MP) can make a complaint to us (on your behalf) about government departments, agencies or organisations. At this stage, please contact us again and we will advise you further in how to bring a complaint to the Ombudsman.

If you have any questions about what I have set out above, please get in touch with me using the contact details on this email.

Yours sincerely

Miss Roshni Beekharry